However brief and random my posts of late have been, I have not forgotten for one minute why I started this blog in the first place. In fact, part of what has kept me from being active, is related to the very reason. And that being my seemingly eternal feud with food. I do hope that some day perhaps I can retire this blog name. Some day, my body will be healed, and perhaps I will not feel this resistance and upset types of reactions after ingesting certain foods. But for now, I am going to be grateful for all of the resources that I have found (thanks to all of you online researching, posting, sharing, and relentlessly looking for more information). I am also very grateful that my mishaps in the food sense, do always seem to offer a lesson, or an aha moment of sorts.
I have so much to say, and so little time. The main outline:
* We had an unplanned, and very emotionally & physically trying move out of a house that we loved. I am recognizing the value of that unplanned change slowly but surely. But that did not make the process itself any easier.
* My health started declining again during the time when I was obsessively searching for a new place to live. I know for a fact that stress alone did not help. But there were definitely other factors, some of which I still am trying to unravel.
* I miraculously had the opportunity to get certified as a Yoga Instructor right in the middle of our actual physical move. That is another blog post in itself. Probably one of the most life changing, amazing experiences of my life, and I can’t wait to share more about it.
* My body is rebelling against me at the moment again post move. I know I overdid it. I know I did lift things that I should not have. And I really just have not been getting the rest I need to nurture an autoimmune body. Steps I am taking thus far are maintaining a daily yoga practice (even though I’ve had to do it from home lately), regular massage, and now I have been back to my beloved chiropractor Melinda Freeling.
* The latest feud with food seems to have come with a dairy exposure. I have been SO good about this for years now. But wow. I can’t believe how many days of reactions I continue to experience from a tiny bit of accidental milk ingestion.
* Oh, & I have a job interview tomorrow. One that I have had to cancel more than once because of the move, and the frustrating issues that came with it (mostly internet connectivity, and the fact that there was a wasp nest in the office of the new house that I found the day before the original interview was scheduled). I am not a fan of job interviews anyway. But knowing that I am covered in hives, weird skin inflammation on my FACE, and bruises does not help with the self confidence necessarily.
This post has already gone longer than planned. I do promise to write more soon, and with more enthusiasm, and hopefully some love for food vs my current feud.
I am SO excited to be furthering my practice with yoga, and sharing it with others. Out of everything that has kept me away from the blog, that piece is the one I am most thrilled about. And it was well worth the time spent away from the computer.
Off to rest the tired body………